90% of women will eventually be fully responsible for their household finances. Unfortunately, only 20% feel prepared. Retirement planning is different for women. There are steps that married women need to know about now to prepare for retirement, especially if they anticipate outliving their spouse.
Topics covered include:
- Learning the importance of an income plan that works regardless of life changes
- Discovering ways to identify and reduce the risk of running out of income in retirement
- Understanding Social Security pitfalls to avoid and how to maximize hard-earned benefits
- Identifying sources of income and strategies to help ensure running out of money is not an option
- Understanding the importance of a legacy plan designed to help ensure the IRS isn’t the largest beneficiary when your spouse dies
Allianz Life May 2016. "The Allianz Women, Money and Power Study"
Prudential. 2014-2015 Research Study. "Financial Experience & Behaviors Among Women"