This course takes a look at England and travel in and around the British Isles. Great Britain, an island about the size of California, was the epicenter of world history for half a millennia and stretched to the furthest corners of the Earth. Its culture, history and mystery continues to draw us to this day. Last year, over 32 million people visited England. If you want to be part of that statistic in the near future, this class prepares you for the trip of a lifetime!
What can you expect to learn?
- An encapsulated history of England
- A brief overview of London
- A sample of travel destinations and alternatives to London
- The Romantic North Country
- Mystical England (Tintagel, Glastonbury, Salisbury)
- Royal England
- Logistics: Getting around the country
Travel tips, tricks, and handouts are provided. Bring your questions!
Who should take this class?
- Those new to overseas travel
- Those who are new to travel to England or the UK
- Those who have traveled to England, but have not traveled (much) outside of London
- Those interested in history and English culture and dialect
In this introductory course, you should prepare to have a lot of fun and learn what it is to be an AngloAdventurer!